Wondering what’s going on in the Digital Media World? Read on to find out!
1. Avengers take over the Burj Khalifa, and how!
- •As part of marketing for Infinity War, the Burj Khalifa was seriously lit!
- •The epic light and laser mural is active every night this week from 7.50 PM onwards
- •If you click a picture and post it with #InfinityWarWithEmaar, you enter a lucky draw to win free tickets!
Offline × online integration like never before!
2. LinkedIn has changed its layout once again!
•LinkedIn has a new profile layout that puts emphasis on your current employment and education.
- •If you have visited your LinkedIn profile today, you may have seen something different than what you expected.
- •It is not a drastic change. But I like how it brings up information about your current employment, education and contact information, right up in the profile header.
- •For the moment the new layout is desktop-only, the mobile app still uses the existing design.
3. New Bots in town
Amazon has apparently been working on a home robot under the codename, “Vesta.”
- • Amazon plans to launch Vesta to consumers as early as 2019.
- •The home market has been a tough one for the robotics industry to crack Certainly Alexa functionality has given Amazon an added advantage.
- •Other companies, like Sphero spin-off Misty Robotics, are hoping to bring more advanced functionality to the market.
4. McDonald’s has a delicious weather forecast for UK
The quick-service restaurant steals focus from UK’s current favorite topic
What’s the report?
- •In a campaign for UK, McDonald’s is using meteorological office’ real-time data to share weather updates.
- •Leo Burnett has helped them replace regular meteorological icons with their iconic products.
- •The campaign is centered around the unpredictable weather in UK during this time of the year.
5. Now upload multiple stories and photos on Instagram…all at once!
All about new Insta Updates
- •You can now upload multiple photos and videos to your Instagram Stories – all at once.
- •This update will make it much easier to control the flow of your Stories, and help you upload everything faster.
- •The order in which your photos and videos will be shared is the same as when you selected them from your phone.
6. Coming Soon: Unskippable ads on Snapchat and yet another redesign
Snap Inc. is now said to be testing six-second unskippable ads on Snapchat.
- • Confirming the tests for unskippable ads on Snapchat, the company is apparently testing the tolerance of their users regarding the number of ads they will tolerate
- •Premium price tags and access only to major corporations will throw open the possibility for Snapchat to make considerably more money than Sponsored Lenses.
7. Tata Sky and Netflix to join hands
The partners call it the next innovation in content delivery.
- •Tata Sky and Netflix have entered into a strategic partnership, through which subscribers of both will have access to a world of content through future Tata Sky platforms.
- •Tata Sky subscribers will be able to browse and access the entire Netflix service, which includes over a thousand hours of Ultra HD content, including TV shows, films, documentaries, stand-up comedy and kid’s titles.
- •The details of the partnership will be announced in due course, said a company statement.
8. Gmail is set to get a whole new look!
Cute, smart and innovative changes will soon be in your inbox!
What to look forward to:
- •Smart Replies: This feature exists on your Gmail app, but web is about to get it too! AI rocks!
- •New Snooze Feature: lets you temporarily remove emails from your inbox until you are ready to go through them and reply.
- •The new sidebar: Lets you take notes, set tasks, or manage your Google Calendar, without having to leave Gmail.
9. Snapchat introduces Snappables!
The AR enhanced interactive lenses which can be controlled via touch, motion, and facial expressions
- •Snappables are the first shared AR experiences on the messaging application.
- •They will begin rolling out globally this week
- •Snappables will be on the left side of the circular capture button
- •The new lenses enable users to share experience and play AR games with friends.
10. YouTube removed 8.2 million videos during the last quarter of 2017.
- •Most videos were flagged for sexual content (30.1%) or spam (26.4%).
- •YouTube will increase the number of people “working to address violative content” to 10,000 across Google by the end of 2018.
That’s enough discovery for a day, friends. See you next week!
White Rivers Media, a leading digital marketing company in Mumbai and Delhi, that offers creative solutions for Digital, Design, Social and Video needs of leading national and global brands.